Delete Files or Folders Locked by Windows Via Unlocker
Sometimes when you want to delete a file or folder from your desktop, Windows prompt you with a message such as :
- Cannot delete Folder: It is being used by another person. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
- The file is in use by another program or user
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
Try Cedrick Collomb’s free Unlocker tool : Unlocker is a free tool which is useful to remove your unwanted files if Windows doesn’t allow you to do so. Once you have installed it, the application’s shortcut will be added into your shortcut menu.
To delete a folder or file locked by Windows, just right click the file or folder and select Unlocker in the shortcut menu. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear. You can choose to unlock the files or select actions to be taken such as “Delete”, “Rename”, “Move” or “Copy”.
Download Unlocker Here [Free]