Fix Pen Drives with “Open with” Errors [ How To ]
It is very common to get an “Open with” dialog on opening the pen drives. Often it is understood that this is due to a virus or an spyware. Most of the times it is true, but sometimes a simple error in the autorun.inf (hidden inside the pen-drive) file can also cause this problem. Virus or not, lets see what is the easiest solution.
Follow the Steps below :
1) Goto Run (Start»Run OR Win Key + R)
2) Type cmd and Ok
3) Change the drive to pen-drive location (Drive letter followed by colon e.g. N:)
4) Type: attrib to confirm if autorun.inf file is present there
5) Type: attrib -S -H -R autorun.inf
6) Type: del autorun.inf
7) Now simply go and rename the original pen-drive label in My Computer.
That’s it! The Pen-drive will start opening like before. N-Joy!