Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide
Google has updated its Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide, now available in ten more languages. This is an official 32-page detailed guide on SEO from Google which covers important topics on SEO that are very helpful for new webmasters. The new version of guide has updated content and describes best practices for mobile websites.
It discusses effective ways to optimize the SEO and content of site, thus to improve your sites’ interaction with both user and search engines and make it easier for search engines to crawl, index and understand your content.
Table of Contents covered by Google’s SEO guide:
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the "description" meta tag
Improving Site Structure
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
Dealing with Crawlers
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel="nofollow" for links
SEO for Mobile Phones
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
Promotions and Analysis
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
>> Do take this guide seriously if your site has been negatively affected by the recent Google Panda aka Farmer update, which Google reads as algorithmic improvement.