Kaspersky 2011 is now launched and like its previous version 2010, Kaspersky 2011 does not allow activation using a license key file i.e. without an activation code. However, one can activate KAV 2011/KIS 2011 with a license key file, using our old tip – How to activate Kaspersky 2010 license using a key file?
Kaspersky 2011 users need to use the fresh tutorial given below.
UPDATE: I’ve removed the old procedure because it was blocked by Kaspersky in new version. Below is a 100% working trick to activate latest version of KAV/KIS 22.214.171.1240 using a license key file. Check the new method below:
Activating Kaspersky 2011 license using key file:
1. Open Kaspersky 2011 License Manager (from lower right corner).
2. Click ‘Activate the application with a new license’ button. (Delete any trial key first if you want, by clicking the red X next to the key).
3. Disable your Internet connection (either disable Network adapter from control panel or turn off your modem/router).
4. Select ‘Activate commercial version’ and enter the activation license code as 11111-11111-11111-1111X
5. Click Next, an error dialog box will open saying ‘wrong activation code’ as shown:
6. Click Ok and you will then get the option to activate kaspersky using a key file.
7. Browse to the key location on your computer and activate kaspersky.
Special Thanks to madeinheaven for sharing this trick in our comments section.