How to Uninstall/Remove Google Chrome completely
Sometimes it becomes difficult to uninstall Google chrome from Start menu or Add or Remove programs in control panel. So, I’ll tell you the official way suggested by google to remove Chrome browser from your PC.
Follow the steps below to manually remove Chrome:
1. Exit Google Chrome completely.
2. Right-click this link >Save Link as and save the file name as remove.reg. (Select ‘All files’ as your file type.)
3. Double-click remove.reg on your desktop, click Yes.
4. Then click OK.
5. Now Go to Start menu > Run.
6. Enter one of the following commands in the text field, depending on your operating system:
- Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google
- Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google
Delete the Chrome’ folder in the directory that opens.
7. Your Google Chrome should now be uninstalled completely.
Note: You must backup your Windows Registry before proceeding with this.