We’ve already discussed, How to completely remove Firefox and Chrome browser from Windows PC. Like these browsers, Opera also leaves its leftovers after uninstallation. So, it is necessary to remove all the old files and folders if you want to do a fresh installation of opera.
Follow the steps below to completely remove Opera:
1. Backup your Bookmarks first before proceeding for uninstall.
2. Remove Opera from Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs & Features(Windows 7 or Vista).
3. Delete the folder named ‘Opera’ from C:\Program Files\ (default path).
4. Delete the ‘Opera folder’ from below listed directories:
- In Windows XP –
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Opera
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera
- In Windows 7 and Vista -
5. Download CCleaner, Install and Run it. Click ‘Analyse’ and run cleaner to remove any temporary and junk files. Click ‘Scan for issues’ under Registry to fix those issues.
Opera should now be uninstalled completely.