iOS 5 Brand New Concepts [Video]
The much anticipated Apple iOS 5 is scheduled to be released this fall for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The iOS 5 beta release includes over 200 new features, of which some great new features include the Notification Center, iMessage, Newsstand and built-in Twitter Integration. TheAppleDatabase has just uploaded a nice 4.49 min video that highlights some of the many brand new concepts, that are being released of extra features that should be added to iOS 5. Check out the demonstration video below:
List of iOS 5 Concept Features:
1. Persistent badge – The number of awaiting icons is listed in the status bar.
2. Third party widgets are managed through the notification center settings.
3. Collapse Notifications – Touching an app header collapses the notifications.
4. Incoming calls as notifications – Calls no longer interrupt when the phone is in use.
5. Developers are given APIs to enable app icons on the Springboard to change according to different push notifications.
6. Applications and widgets are managed separately in iOS 5 – You can have many screens: dashboard to the left, apps and folders to the right.
7. The Spotlight Search screen now contains a new button that adds a widget to place on any home screen.
8. Faster App switching with Mac OS X Lion-style gestures.
9. Apps can be removed from the app switcher either through the multitasking tray or through new touch gestures.
10. An iOS device and a Mac OS X device are bound together using a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection.
All these features look pretty impressive and will surely enhance the experience on iOS devices if they get added to the feature packed iOS5. 🙂