LG’s Flagship G4 with 5.5″ Quad HD display, SD 808 SoC, 16MP camera, 4G LTE, Dual SIM launched in India for Rs. 51000
At a gala event in Mumbai today, LG finally launched its much awaited newest flagship in India “The LG G4“, successor to the famous G3. Bollywood superstar Mr. Amitabh Bachchan unveiled the LG G4 and handed it to the lucky winners who pre-booked the device prior to its official launch. With the G4, LG is focusing on delivering a great photography and visual experience, comfortable elegance and a human-centric user experience.
The LG G4 sports a 5.5-inch IPS Quad HD Quantum Display at 538ppi, is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor clocked at 1.8 GHz and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with LG’s new human-centric UX 4.0. Unlike most other flagships, the LG G4 in India comes with Dual-SIM feature, microSD card support for expandable storage and a 3000mAh removable battery.
LG G4 carries a premium build and the back cover is a handcrafted, genuine full grain leather available in 3 beautiful colors – brown, black and red. The G4 rear cover comes in several other material options which include pure Ceramic White with 3D patterns, artisan-forged Metallic Gray as well lustrous, Shiny Gold. The G4 features a Slim Arc design that claims to offer 20 percent better durability than a flat smartphone in face-down drops and gives a more comfortable and secure feel in hand.
The LG G4 clearly focuses on delivering a great photography experience which one certainly expects from a flagship device. The G4 is equipped with a 16MP primary camera with a wide f/1.8 aperture lens, laser autofocus, optical image stabilization (OIS 2.0 for improved low-light performance), and LED flash. LG has deployed a ‘Manual mode’ in G4 that allows photo fanatics to capture desired shots by offering direct control over the focus, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation and white balance.
Pro users can also save their photos in RAW format, in addition to JPEG for more precise editing with no loss of details. The advanced camera in the LG G4 is complemented by Color Spectrum Sensor (CSS), that aims to improve color accuracy by precisely reading the RGB values of the ambient light in a scene as well as the infrared light reflected from objects. For best selfies, a 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture has been included on G4 that reportedly results in sharp, detailed portraits and group shots.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor with X10 LTE
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Memory: 32GB eMMC ROM, 3GB LPDDR3 RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0 / Front 8MP with F2.0 Aperture
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable), Wireless charging, Fast charging
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Size: 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 – 9.8 mm
- Weight: 155g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 LE / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: [Ceramic] Metallic Gray / Ceramic White / Shiny Gold / [Genuine Leather] Black / Brown / Red / Sky Blue / Beige / Yellow
- Other: Manual Mode / Gesture Interval Shot / Quick Shot
LG G4 has been launched with Dual-SIM support along with 4G LTE that shall support all 4G networks in India. The G4 is available in India at a price tag of Rs. 51,000.