One Click Root/UnRoot program is now available for most Samsung Galaxy S devices. This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only, for following models:
- Captivate SHG-I897
- Vibrant SGH-959
- Epic SPH-D700
- Download and install Microsoft .Net 4 Framework. [Full Installer]
- Download and install the Samsung Drivers.
- Download GalaxyS One-Click Root.
Steps to Root your Galaxy phone:
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging = Checked )
2. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.
3. Connect your phone to PC via USB cable and launch the "Galaxy_One-Click_Root.exe" file (Run as Administrator).
5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. A command prompt window will launch, follow the instructions in the CMD window.
That’s it. Your device is rooted now. To UnRoot, follow the same instructions except click on "One-Click UnRoot".
Note: Please use the above guide at your own risk. Rooting can void your warranty.