VLC 2.0.0 “Twoflower” Final Released
VideoLAN has finally released the much awaited 2.0 version of “VLC Media Player”, the best and most popular media player for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files including DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. VLC 2.0.0 “Twoflower” is a major release, presented after 485 million downloads of VLC 1.1.x versions. It efficiently plays most codecs (MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, MPEG-4, WebM, WMV player) without requiring any codec packs.
What’s New in VLC 2.0:
- With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
- Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
- It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
- It features a completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
- Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
Check Release notes for more info.
Download VLC Player 2.0 Final @ http://www.videolan.org/vlc