Recently, WordPress 2.8 “Baker” was released but was prone to some bugs and issues. So, WordPress has provided the first maintenance release to 2.8. 2.8.1 Beta will fix a handful of bugs that turned up in 2.8. Download it, and check out the bugs fixed so far.
Some of the notable issues fixed in WP 2.8.1 Beta 1
- Certain themes were calling get_categories() in such a way that it would fail in 2.8.
- Dashboard memory usage is reduced. Some people were running out of memory when loading the dashboard, resulting in an incomplete page.
- The automatic upgrade no longer accidentally deletes files when cleaning up from a failed upgrade.
- A problem where the rich text editor wasn’t being loaded due to compression issues has been worked around.
- Extra security has been put in place to better protect you from plugins that do not do explicit permission checks.