Here are the 5 major tips recommended by Microsoft to keep your Windows performance better.
- Free up disk space
- Speed up access to data
- Detect and repair disk errors
- Protect your computer against spyware
- Learn all about ReadyBoost
Follow Our Useful Tips:
- Clean Out Windows Prefetch for Faster Startup – Goto C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete all files inside this Folder ( Windows expert Ed Bott explains it )
- Clean Temporary Files – Open Run > Type %temp% and delete all files inside this Folder
- Cleaning the Registry Improves Performance – Use Free App “ CC Cleaner ”
- Defrag your Windows time to time – Use Free App JkDefrag GUI ( Defragmentation Application that has a screensaver mode )
- Disabling Services not in Use – You can identify or disable those services by opening msconfig.exe and checking the box for “Hide all Microsoft services” on the Services tab:
- Reduce the Startup Programs – This will make your PC load faster by opening fewer programs at startup. This can be done by opening msconfig.exe and disable unused entries under Startup menu.