Apple has finally unveiled the next generation iPhone that comes in 2 different screen sizes – iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch display and iPhone 6 Plus with a 5.5-inch display. Both iPhone 6 models feature a new design language with curved edges and the cover glass is curved around the sides seamlessly with the aluminum enclosure. These are the thinnest iPhones – iPhone 6 at 6.9mm while iPhone 6 Plus at 7.1mm, though both have a protruding camera. The iPhone 6 models feature a new Retina HD display, Apple claims iPhone 6 has one million pixels and iPhone 6 Plus has two million pixels. In comparison to iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 Plus features a bigger screen with 1080p Full HD resolution and a special landscape mode.
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are powered by Apple’s new A8 chip with 64-bit architecture that aims to deliver up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics. There is a new M8 motion coprocessor and a barometer that senses air pressure. iPhone 6 is said to be up to 50% more energy efficient and both the models comes in 128GB of storage as well. On the camera side, the iPhone 6 packs a 8MP iSight camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture, True Tone flash and an all-new sensor. iPhone 6 has Digital Image stabilization whereas iPhone 6 Plus has Optical Image stabilization. Both the phones support 1080p HD video recording (30 fps or 60 fps) and slow-motion video recording at 120 fps or 240 fps.
iPhone 6 Specifications –
- New A8 processor with 64-bit architecture (Up to 50x faster CPU performance and 84x faster GPU performance)
- New M8 motion coprocessor
- 4.7″ Retina HD display with a 1334×750 screen resolution at 326 ppi
- 8-megapixel iSight camera with 1.5µ pixels
- Camera Features – Auto image stabilization, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, True Tone flash, Auto HDR, Burst mode, Tap to focus, Timer mode, etc.
- 1080p HD video recording (30 fps or 60 fps) and Slo-mo video (120 fps or 240 fps)
- 1.2 MP FaceTime Camera with 720p HD video recording
- Touch ID – Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
- Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi?Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, NFC
- Sensors – Touch ID, Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, and Ambient light sensor
- Nano SIM and Lightning connector
- Dimensions – 138.1mm x 67.0mm x 6.9mm
- Weight – 129g
iPhone 6 Plus Specifications – iPhone 6 Plus carries the same specs as the iPhone 6 except for some of them listed below:
- 5.5″ Retina HD display with a 1920×1080 screen resolution at 401 ppi
- Optical image stabilization (Camera)
- Support for landscape mode in home screen and other apps
- Dimensions – 158.1mm x 77.8mm x 7.1mm
- Weight – 172g
Available in 3 colors – Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.
Price – iPhone 6 with a two-year contract is priced at $199 for 16GB, $299 for 64GB, $399 for 128GB. iPhone 6 Plus with a two-year contract is priced at $299 for 16GB, $399 for 64GB, $499 for 128GB. The iPhone 6 pricing for unlocked (contract-free) version in the US is:
iPhone 6 Unlocked Pricing in US –
- $649 for 16GB
- $749 for 64GB
- $849 for 128GB
iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked Pricing in US –
- $749 for 16GB
- $849 for 64GB
- $949 for 128GB
Availability – iPhone 6 Pre-orders begins Sept 12th. Shipping on September 19th in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. The iPhone 6 will be reportedly launching in India on 26th September. And more to follow soon!
Silicone cases and Leather cases – Apple-designed leather cases will be available in black, soft pink, olive brown, midnight blue and (RED) for $45 (US) for iPhone 6 and $49 (US) for iPhone 6 Plus. Silicone cases in black, blue, pink, green, white and (RED) will be available for a retail price of $35 (US) for iPhone 6 and $39 (US) for iPhone 6 Plus.
iOS 8 Availability and Supported Devices – Apple also announced that the latest version of iOS, ‘iOS 8’ will be available as a free download starting September 17th. iOS 8 is supported on these devices: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPod touch 5th gen, iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display.
Find more details @ www.apple.com/iphone-6