The first update to OS X Lion “10.7.1” has been pushed by Apple a few hours back, available as a free download for client and server systems. The OS X 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac. You can find the complete list of issues below that are fixed by the 10.7.1 update.
OS X 10.7.1 Official Changelog:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
Some additional fixes for users of MacBook Air and Mac mini 2011 include:
- Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
To update, just click on the Apple icon and choose Software Update to check and install the latest Apple software, including this update. You can even download the update from Apple site and install it easily on multiple systems.
- Download OS X Lion Update 10.7.1 (Client)
- Download OS X Lion Update 10.7.1 (Server)
- Download OS X Lion 10.7.1 Update for MacBook Air and Mac mini 2011 (Client)