If you want to find out if your computer is running a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows Operating system, then here is an easy way to determine it.
To check 32-bit or 64-bit version in Windows 7 & Vista:
1. Open Start menu, right-click on Computer, and then open its Properties.
2. Under System, view the System type entry.
To check 32-bit or 64-bit version in Windows XP:
1. Click Start button, right-click My Computer, and then open its Properties.
- If you don’t see “x64 Edition” listed, then you’re running the 32-bit version.
- If “x64 Edition” is listed under System, you’re running the 64-bit version.
Hope this tip comes handy to find if your Windows supports a x86 or x64 application. 😀