We’ve already covered posts on Rescue disks offered by Kaspersky and Avira AntiVir. AVG has also introduced a free AVG Rescue CD which is a powerful toolkit for the rescue & repair of infected machines.
AVG Rescue CD is a free portable version of AVG Anti-Virus supplied through Linux distribution. It can be used to recover your computer when the system cannot boot or loaded normally, such as after an extensive or deep-rooted virus infection.
AVG Rescue CD enables you to fully remove infections from an otherwise inoperable PC and render the system bootable again. It provides essential utilities for system administrators and other IT professionals and includes the following features:
- Comprehensive administration toolkit
- System recovery from virus and spyware infections
- Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
- Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick
- Free support and service for paid license holders of any AVG product
- FAQ and Free Forum self-help support for AVG Free users
The rescue CD is available in the form of a bootable CD or bootable USB flash drive which you can use to Clean Virus without Booting in Windows.
- Download Rescue CD (for CD creation)
- Download Rescue CD (for USB stick)