The Ubuntu Manual Team has released a comprehensive guide for Ubuntu OS, named “Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.10”. This official manual is of great help for beginners and those who never had their hands on a Linux system before. The guide is especially for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), is available for Free in more than 52 languages.
This 158-page detailed PDF manual has a decent layout and covers essential tips to help new users get quickly started with Ubuntu. The guide is simple to follow, with step-by-step instructions and plenty of screenshots, giving a brief intro of Ubuntu, covering basics of Ubuntu such as getting and installing the OS. It shares various How-Tos, lets you understand the desktop and how to work with Ubuntu. Furthermore, it has tips on managing the hardware and software, troubleshooting guide to resolve any problems. There is also a section ‘Advanced Topics’ for advanced users that gives an introduction to the Terminal, basic security concepts, system updates, Firewall, and much more.
- Easy to understand – our manual has step by step instructions and is jargon-free
- A picture is worth a thousand words – lots of screenshots to show you how to do tasks
- All in one place – conveniently located in one file, so you don’t have to look all over the web for help
- Progressive learning curve – start with the basics, and learn as you work through each chapter
- Dozens of languages – translated into more than 52 languages, including localized screenshots
- CC-BY-SA licensing – download, modify, reproduce and share as much as you like
- No cost – our documents are all written by Ubuntu community members and there is no charge to use them
- Printer-friendly – we have a version optimized for printing to save the trees
- Troubleshooting section – to help you solve common Ubuntu problems quickly
A printed version of the Ubuntu manual is also available to buy online for $9.50 only.
Download Ubuntu 10.10 Official Manual [FREE]
Leave a Reply