Skyfire, the first flash enabled browser for iOS which was scheduled to be released on Thursday has released before time and is now available for download from App store. Skyfire offers the only way to watch FLASH videos from the web on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The app costs $2.99 which might sound unpleasing to many.
Skyfire’s award-winning technology already enables Flash videos for millions of mobile users and is finally available on the iPhone. Our cloud computing platform translates videos from Flash into an iPhone-friendly format. It’s a bit of engineering magic. Over 100,000 web sites supported, with more added every day.
• Play millions of Flash videos – everyday, with no limits!
• All-new ‘Skybar’ toolbar gives one-click access to video and related content
• Be social: Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Stay in touch: Unique Facebook ‘Quickview’ allows you to see your wall and feeds with one click.
• Standard browser elements: Tabs, search, sharing, bookmarks, history, etc.
• Video search, with safe search option helps you quickly find videos about your favorite topic
• ‘Desktop’ option loads pages as on a desktop browser, giving a greater selection of video (vs. mobile sites)
• Private Browsing option: Browse with no history and cookies left behind
• Click the ‘Explore’ button for related videos, news trends, photos and tweets!
• Flash VIDEO content is supported, but Flash Games and Apps are NOT supported (aren’t there enough games on iPhone already?)
• Hulu NOT supported (they don’t allow it), but scores of other premium sites available
• List of supported sites grows daily (request new sites via Settings >> Feedback menu)
• It may take 15-25 seconds for videos to load: Preparing goodness takes time…
Download Skyfire for iPhone [Requires iOS 3.0 or later]