A password or passcode on iPhone helps you maintain privacy and keep intruders away from your device. But when you forget the password, you cannot do anything; you can’t even reset your device.
In this article, we will tell you how to factory reset your iPhone without any hassle. We will share different methods that you can try and reset your device. Even if you don’t remember your passcode or Apple ID, you can reset it. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
Method 1: Using Apple’s recommended method
There is an official method for resetting your iPhone or iPad. If you forgot your password or for any other reason you need to reset your device, you can try this method first.
Apple recommends resetting iPhones through iTunes. For this, you need a computer, and the operating system could be macOS or Windows 8 or later.
Though it is the recommended method, it does not always work. If you have never synced your device with iTunes, you cannot reset your device through this method. The syncing of the iPhone with iTunes is mandatory.
Sometimes, the device is not detected in iTunes. In this case, you need to use another method to reset your iOS device.
How to Factory Reset iPhone through iTunes
- Launch iTunes on your computer and make sure it is up to date.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB to Lightning cable. Your device should be detected automatically. You might need to trust the computer from your device.
- You will find your device in iTunes. Look for the Restore option and click on it.
- A confirmation box will appear. Click on Restore to confirm. Now your device will be automatically restored.
Method 2: Reset your iPhone with 4uKey
If you have tried the previous method and it does not work or your device is not synced with iTunes, you can use 4uKey.
Tenorshare 4uKey is a beginner-friendly tool that can help you reset your iPhone without any hassle. It can also be used for unlocking Apple ID, removing screen time passcode, and bypassing MDM. Even if you do not have experience or expertise, you can use 4uKey and reset your device.
The amazing part is that there is no need for the Apple ID or passcode. You can reset your device without any prerequisites. Note that if Find My is enabled on your device then the device will be stuck at the iCloud activation lock screen after removing the screen lock.
It is fully compatible with the latest iOS and iPadOS versions, including 13. After completing the process, your iOS is updated to the latest version.
Key Features of 4uKey
- Unlocks your device and removes Touch ID, Face ID, and Passcode
- With a few simple steps, you can easily unlock the device
- It supports all iPhone and iPad models and iOS versions
- Bypasses MDM and activation lock
- Resets device without passcode or password
- Removes Screen Time passcode without data loss
- Quick unlocking and excellent success rate
How to Reset iPhone using Tenorshare 4uKey
- Download and install 4uKey on your computer.
- Launch the tool and you will see various options on the main screen. For resetting your device, click on the Start button.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB to Lightning cable. Once done, click on Next.
- The next step is downloading the firmware. Select the destination path to download the latest iOS firmware. Click on the Download button.
- When the firmware is ready, you can start the process of resetting the device. Click on Start Remove. Wait for a few minutes and let the tool reset your device.
After completion, click on ‘Done’. Now you can use your device.
Method 3: Use iCloud to reset an iPhone
You can reset your device using iCloud. Even if your device is miles away, it can be reset remotely through the iCloud account. Luckily, you can also use someone else’s iPhone or iPad to reset your device remotely.
It is a simple and easy method, but there are a few conditions. Firstly, your Find My iPhone should be turned on. Secondly, you should remember the iCloud ID and password to which the iPhone is connected.
If you don’t have a computer, see how to reset your iPhone without passcode and computer.
How to Reset iPhone using iCloud
- Visit icloud.com in a browser. Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Once you log in to your iCloud account, go to “Find iPhone”. Then, click on All Devices. If your device is connected to the Apple ID, you will see it under All Devices. Select your iPhone.
- You will see three options. Click on Erase iPhone. You need to enter the credentials for confirmation. Click on Done. iCloud will now reset your device automatically.
Things you need to know if you forget the password
What will happen if you forget your iPhone password?
If you forgot your iPhone password, you need to reset your device; there is no other way. You can reset your device using iTunes if it is synced with iTunes. You can also try iCloud if you know the Apple ID and password. In case none of the above methods work, you can try 4uKey.
Can I reset a locked iPhone without data loss?
No, there is no way you can prevent data loss while resetting your device. However, if you have ever created a backup, you can recover the lost data. You can use iTunes to recover data from an old backup.
Can I use Siri to unlock and reset my iPhone if I forgot the passcode?
You can unlock your device using Siri if the iOS version is 8.0-10.1. You can open Siri and ask for the time. Then tap on the clock and go to the world clock. Tap on the “+” button and enter the name of any city. Select the letters you typed and tap on Share. Tap on Message. Now, you will be using the Message app. Tap on the “To” field and tap on the return key. Finally, press the home button, and your device will be unlocked. Now, you can go to settings and try to reset your device. You will need to enter your Apple ID and password.
It is possible to reset your iPhone without the password. We have shared various methods you can try. You can try the official method and iCloud first. But if you cannot reset your device using those methods, try using 4uKey. It works exceptionally well and resets iPhones in no time. Do note that Tenorshare 4ukey is a paid application and its 1-Year license costs $50 that you can use on up to 5 devices.