Fix Windows XP restarting error caused by McAfee update 5958 DAT
On April 21, McAfee virus definition DAT files, version 5958, falsely identified an important Windows file (svchost.exe) as malware (W32/wecorl.a) on a subset of Windows XP SP3 systems; leading to endless reboots, blue screens, loss of network connectivity. If you have met with this problem, then here is a solution to fix it:
1. Boot in safe mode (using F8) with “Network Option“ enabled.
2. Download extra.zip file and unzip it.
3. Copy Extra.DAT file and paste it into C:\program files\commonfiles\mcafee\engine
4. Open VirusScan Console, click on “Quarantine manager”.
5. Click on the detection and select “Restore”.
6. Reboot in normal mode.
7. Use the product update to update to 5959 (new fix update).
8. Delete the Extra DAT file in C:\program files\commonfiles\mcafee\engine
Problem – Blue screen or DCOM error, followed by shutdown messages after updating to the 5958 DAT.
Update – Workaround suggested by Microsoft.
- Workaround by McAfee (KB68780) for Corporate or Business users only.
- If you are a Home or Consumer user, see article TS100969