Gionee has finally launched their much awaited “S6” smartphone in India that features an all-metal unibody construction. The company hasn’t made any official announcement about the launch yet but has been teasing S6 launch since a while in India. We just noticed that “Gionee S6” is now available to buy online on Flipkart at a price of 19,999 INR and it appears Gionee will be selling it exclusively on Flipkart. The S6 sports a premium design, shiny edges that gives it an elegant look and it boasts some quality specs that you can find below. The phone comes USB Type-C port and Hybrid SIM tray that accepts Micro SIM and Nano SIM card. You get 32GB of storage that can be further expanded upto 128 GB via microSD card but that uses the secondary SIM slot.
The phone is available on Flipkart in 3 premium colors – Gold, Silver and Rose Gold.
Gionee S6 Key Specifications –
- 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display with 77.8% screen-to-body ratio
- 1.3 GHz Mediatek MT6753 Octa-core processor (64-bit) and Mali-T720MP3 GPU
- Amigo UI 3.1 based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage (Expandable via microSD card upto 128GB – Uses 2nd SIM slot)
- 6.9mm thick and weighs 147 g
- Dual SIM (Supports Nano-SIM and Micro-SIM) – Hybrid SIM tray
- 13 MP rear camera with f/2.0, autofocus, and LED flash
- 5MP Front camera for selfies
- 3150 mAh battery (Non-removable)
- USB Type-C Charging port
- Connectivity – 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS, and FM Radio
- In Box Contents – Handset, Earphone, Travel Charger (2A), Data Cable, User Manual, Warranty Card, Protective Film, Flip Cover
The S6 specs are very much similar to the Gionee S Plus that was launched a while back. Apparently, the major differences between the two is that S6 comes with a premium full-metal design, slim and lightweight form factor, Hybrid SIM tray and 32GB ROM. We look forward to get our hands on the S6 and come up with a detailed review soon. Stay tuned!