A few days back, we shared a quick guide on how you can install MIUI 6 on Xiaomi Redmi 1S by flashing the MIUI 6 Developer ROM from China. Well, if you were looking for the Global MIUI 6 for Redmi 1S then your wait is over now! Xiaomi global team has just announced MIUI v6 global beta build for Redmi 1S that will receive regular updates every 2 weeks on basis of feedback gathered from Mi fans and forum community. The MIUI 6 ROM with build version 5.4.10 isn’t currently listed on the Mi download portal but a direct link to it is available.
Here are some of the known issues with the latest beta build:
- Phone occasionally has difficulty connecting to network after restarting
- Phone battery occasionally drops quickly after rebooting
We’re unsure regarding the availability of this ROM through OTA as it’s a beta build. It is still very stable though and can be used as a daily driver by Redmi 1S users. Interested users can find quick and simple instructions below to install MIUI 6. It neither wipes your data nor removes any of the installed apps, settings, etc. so you can proceed without much caution.
Installing MIUI 6 Global ROM on Redmi 1S directly through Updater –
1. Download MIUI v6 global beta build. (Size: 587 MB)
2. Place the downloaded ROM file in the downloaded_rom folder on internal storage.
3. Open Updater app, press the Menu button. Then tap on ‘Select update package’ option and choose the downloaded ROM (miui_HM1SWCGlobal_5.4.10_6189e20e98_4.4.zip). Click on the ‘Update’ option, wait for the update to complete and then click on Reboot to finish.
Voila! After rebooting your Redmi 1S should load up with MIUI 6’s entirely new flat user interface.
Here are few screenshots: