We’ve already discussed, How to completely remove Firefox and Chrome browser from Windows PC. Like these browsers, Opera also leaves its leftovers after uninstallation. So, it is necessary to remove all the old files and folders if you want to do a fresh installation of opera.
Follow the steps below to completely remove Opera:
1. Backup your Bookmarks first before proceeding for uninstall.
2. Remove Opera from Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs & Features(Windows 7 or Vista).
3. Delete the folder named ‘Opera’ from C:\Program Files\ (default path).
4. Delete the ‘Opera folder’ from below listed directories:
In Windows XP
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Opera
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera
In Windows 7 and Vista
5. Download CCleaner, Install, and Run it. Click ‘Analyse’ and run cleaner to remove any temporary and junk files. Click ‘Scan for issues’ under Registry to fix those issues.
Opera should now be uninstalled completely.
Thanks for sharing. Alternately we can use Revo Uninstaller too to remove leftover traces
+1 for revo uninstaller
hope this works and hope the cleaners free
Terimakasih banyak infonya, saya sekarang jadi bisa remove browser Opera yang semula saya bingung karena di Control Panel Uninstall tidak ada.
I HAVE NEVER USED OPERA
This Windows 10 is the worst operating system I\’ve ever seen, in a variety of ways.
opera mail won`t uninstall
HOW TO REMOVE IT FROM MAC
I WANT TO GET RID OF OPERA IT IS SO ANNOYING AND I DONT KNOW HOW IT CAME
ON MY LAP TOP