OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 4.5.7 update brings EIS to 4K video, New font, July security patch and Bug fixes
OnePlus has been consistently pushing software updates for its latest flagship “OnePlus 5” since the device has been launched. The recently released OTA fixed the 911 emergency calling issue and now another incremental update is being rolled out to a small percentage of OnePlus 5 users. The OxygenOS 4.5.7 is a significant OTA update that includes bug fixes, enhances security, improves stability, and also brings a couple of new features to OnePlus 5.
Following its release, the OnePlus 5 was criticized for the lack of electronic image stabilization (EIS) when recording 4K videos but that feature is now added. OnePlus has also added a new “Slate font” that users can choose to apply by heading to Font option under settings. It also updates the device with 1 July 2017 Android security patch along with the latest Google Mobile Services (GMS) package. Furthermore, improvements have been made to Wi-Fi connectivity and standby battery life as well.
The update also fixes the bugs that caused occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones and missing sound channels when recording videos. Another one includes fixing camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region. Here’s the complete changelog:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4K video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Updated to latest GMS package
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
Here in India, we haven’t received the OTA yet but those who can’t wait can instead manually install the latest OTA update on their OnePlus 5. To do so, just download OxygenOS 4.5.6 to OxygenOS 4.5.7 OTA for OnePlus 5 when updating from v4.5.6 and use our guide to install it easily.