HTC has finally stated rolling out the highly anticipated Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for HTC One smartphone in India. The 2.24.707.3 (437MB) software update for Unlocked HTC One is available Over the air (OTA). The upgrade includes the latest Android 4.2.2 update, brings major enhancements and significant changes to HTC’s Sense 5.0 interface. Overall, it is an important update for your HTC One!
What’s Included – Enhanced launcher bar, lock screen widgets, quick settings, widget panel rearrangement, Daydreams screensaver, Instagram feed in BlinkFeed, new video highlights, ‘Power Saver’ no longer shown in notifications and option to show battery percentage level in status bar. The basic ability to move or delete app shortcuts from the bottom launcher bar is now added. Camera improvements incudes AE/AF (Auto Focus and Auto Exposure) lock feature and enhanced HTC Zoe camera feature.
One of the significant improvement is the option to remove the awful black bar that holds the menu option in most apps, resulting in waste of screen estate. The enhanced home button behaviour now offers 2 changes, thereby 2nd option letting you remap the home key to “Open Google Now with a swipe up from home” and “Long press on home for Menu”. This behaviour is unchanged by default, which you can toggle from ‘Display, gestures & buttons’ in settings.
- Android 4.2.2 update
- Launcher bar enhancement
- Widget panel rearrangement
- New Lock screen style: Widget
- Enhanced Home button behavior
- Home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable
- Show battery level in status bar
- Quick settings panel: 12 default settings by new touch gesture
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus at viewfinder screen
- Zoe: New Zoe file format for better file management
- Video Highlights: Add 6 extra themes
- Music channel: Seek, fast forward/ rewind functions added
To check for update, head over to Settings > About > Software updates.
To install the update, you first need to download and install a small 1.47MB update. After device gets rebooted, check for the update again and 4.2.2 OTA will show up.