HTC has announced their flagship phone ‘HTC One (M8)’ in India, the successor to the popular HTC One M7. The One (M8) has been priced at Rs. 49,900 in India and will be available across the stores starting first week of May. Unlike Samsung’s Galaxy S5, the One M8 comes with 4G + 3G support for Indian networks.
HTC has also launched the Google Play edition (GPE) of the HTC One (M8) in India, apparently the first GPE device to be available in India. The GPE of M8 comes at the exact same price of Rs. 49,900 and will be available for buying at the Google Play store within 2 weeks.
Moreover, HTC has announced HTC Desire 816 and HTC Desire 210 in India, priced at Rs. 23,990 and Rs. 8700 respectively and both are dual-SIM version. The Dot view case will be available for Rs. 2499 at the time of HTC One (M8) launch. For those interested, HTC Desire 210 will come with a free flip cover and will be available from May 2.
The HTC One (M8) sports a premium metallic design with body cased in 90% metal excluding the display. The M8 features a 5” Full HD 1080p display, is powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new HTC Sense 6.0 UI. It has duo camera, the primary being a 4MP UltraPixel camera and a secondary camera to capture depth information. It includes dual-LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera.
HTC ONE (M8) Specifications –
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD display at 441ppi with Corning Gorilla glass 3
- 2.5 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 CPU with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- Primary UltraPixel camera with dual-LED flash, BSI sensor, pixel size 2.0 um, sensor size 1/3”, f/2.0, 28mm lens, HTC ImageChip 2, Full HD video recording with HDR
- Secondary camera: to capture depth information
- 5 MP front camera, BSI sensor, wide angle lens, Full HD video recording with HDR
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB/32GB, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- HTC BoomSound: Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Sense Voice
- Infrared remote control
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Gyro, Barometer
- SIM type: nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, MHL, NFC, Stereo FM radio with RDS, A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Non-removable 2600 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
- Weight: 160g
The HTC One (M8) comes in 3 colors – Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
Both the M8 variants would be available at the price of Rs. 49,900 within 2 weeks in India. The Dot View case for M8 is priced at Rs. 2499.
Update – Reportedly, HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition is not coming to India. Perhaps, it was incorrectly mentioned in the press release and the announcement wasn’t specific to India, according to BGR.in.