HTC’s Flagship U11 with Squeezable edges and Snapdragon 835 SoC launched in India for Rs. 51,990
HTC, the Taiwanese brand has launched its 2017’s flagship known as “HTC U11” in India today, exactly a month after the device was unveiled at an event in Taipei. The U11 is the third addition to HTC’s U series that comprises the U Ultra and U Play, launched earlier this year. The unique “Edge Sense” technology is the main highlight of the U11 which wasn’t seen in the older U series smartphones. Edge Sense offers a completely new way of interaction by squeezing the pressure-sensitive sides of the phone to perform certain actions such as launching the camera, taking photos, launch your favourite app or game, send texts via voice input, swiping a certain spot to adjust volume while inside the music app, and more.
Similar to U Ultra, the HTC U11 flaunts a 3D glass exterior that HTC calls “Liquid Surface”, crafted using ‘Optical spectrum hybrid deposition’ process that gives the glass a multi-layered colour to reflect light beautifully. The phone also comes with Sense Companion, HTC’s own AI system that learns from you and offers intelligent suggestions. HTC’s USonic which was earlier seen in U Ultra is also present, which now combines active noise cancellation with the ability to tune audio to your unique hearing. The U11 comes with IP67 certification for water and dust resistance. Sadly, there is no 3.5mm audio jack on board.
HTC has also upgraded its BoomSound Hi-Fi edition speakers to deliver more loudness and improved Dynamic Range Audio. The U11 camera has managed to attain the highest DxOMark score among smartphone cameras. The camera package looks impressive with the presence of HDR Boost, multi-axis optical and electronic stabilization, and super-fast autofocus. The four optimally positioned omni-directional microphones work together to record audio from all directions in order to deliver the best 3D audio recording quality. Now let’s take a quick look at its technical specifications:
HTC U11 Specifications –
- 5.5 inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super LCD 5 display with 3D Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, memory expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with HTC Sense
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 rear camera with 1.4um pixel, f/1.7 aperture, UltraSpeed autofocus, OIS, Dual LED flash, 1080p slow-motion video recording at 120fps, 4K video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and Full HD video recording
- 3000mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Hybrid tray), 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1
- Sound: USB-C Audio, HTC BoomSound, USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones, Hi-Res audio certified
- Features: HTC Edge Sense, HTC Sense Companion, Fingerprint sensor, Water and dust protection (IP67 )
- Sensors: Ambient light, Proximity, Motion G-sensor, Compass, Gyro, Magnetic sensor, Sensor Hub
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm | Weight: 169g
Pricing – The HTC U11 has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 51,990. The phone will be available on Amazon.in and offline channels in India starting last week of June in Amazing Silver and Brilliant Black colours.