So the teasers that Xiaomi India sent out on their Facebook profile seemed to have indicated more than one device, given to the fact that there was the word ‘tegra‘ in it! While it was almost certain that Xiaomi would release the Redmi 2, lots of buzz started around the release of the Mi Pad, which was highly anticipated in India after Xiaomi hinted at launching it in many of its previous events. So here it is! Xiaomi has officially launched the Mi Pad for just 12,999 INR and this will be a bang for the buck! And to sweeten the deal, one doesn’t have to register for the sale – just hop onto Flipkart on March 24th and make a purchase. Lets look at the specs for the Mi Pad:
- Display – 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) IPS Retina resolution display at 326 ppi , Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor – 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, 192-core Kepler GPU
- Memory – 16GB internal with an option to expand upto 128GB
- RAM – 2GB LPDDR3
- OS – MIUI v6 based on Android 4.4 KitKat
- Form Factor – 8.5mm thick and 360 gms in weight
- Camera – 8MP with Sony BSI sensor + 5MP
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11/b/g/n/ac Dual Band (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery – 6700 mAh
- SIM slot – NO
- Colors – Black, White, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow
- OTG Support – Yes
Phew! that is one heck of a power packed spec list at 12,999 INR and we are sure its gonna sell in huge numbers. The highly anticipated Mi Pad will give a tough fight to the likes of Samsung tab, Google Nexus, Asus PadFone series, the Lenovo tabs and the Dell Android tabs. We will try to get our hands on the Mi Pad and be back with a detailed review but at this moment this is simply a superb and good move by Xiaomi with the Redmi 2 and the Mi pad.
Availability – The Mi Pad will be available exclusively on Flipkart from 24th March in the form of open sales and without any registration.