Microsoft has rolled out an update to its Office 2008 application for Mac. The new 12.2.1 update fixes an issue that prevents users from opening some Office documents and shows them the following message:
Microsoft Excel cannot open the file. You may have to download the latest updates for Office for Mac. Do you want to visit the Microsoft Web site for more information?
Requirements for this Update:
- Your computer must be running Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Tiger) or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
- You must have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 Update installed before you install the Mac 12.2.1 Update.
To verify the update that is installed on your computer:
- Open the Microsoft Office 2008 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number that is next to Latest Installed Update.
You can also use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For detailed information about this update, visit the Microsoft Web site.
Download Update Below
- English (.dmg)
- Japanese (.dmg)
Leave a Reply