The Gmail iOS app was launched 2 weeks back but was quickly pulled from the App store as it was buggy. Fortunately, the notifications bug has now been fixed and the app is back once again, available for download for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.0 or later. Just get the app to enjoy official Gmail experience on your idevice!
According to the Official Gmail blog:
In the short time the app was public we received a lot of helpful feedback and feature requests. This included requests for everything from bigger features like multiple account support to customizations like improved notifications and mobile specific signatures.
We’re just getting started with the Gmail app for iOS and will be iterating rapidly to bring you more features, including all the ones listed above plus many more. Based on your comments we have already improved our handling of image HTML messages – they are now sized to fit to the screen and you can pinch to zoom in.
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
Note: If you already have the Gmail app 1.0.1 released on 2 Nov, you will need to uninstall or log out of the old app prior to installing the new app.
Download Gmail for iOS [iTunes link]