At a press event in New Delhi, the much-awaited “OnePlus One” has been finally launched by OnePlus, a Chinese smartphone maker. The OnePlus One has been launched in India at an amazing price of Rs. 21,999 for 64GB Sandstone Black version. The pricing of 1+1 is great considering the same device sells for $349 in the US through an invite-based system. The OnePlus One will be available exclusively on Amazon.in in India, through a similar invitation-based model.
OnePlus One has been globally termed as a “Flagship Killer” for a reason! The smartphone packs top-notch hardware, beautiful design and comes at a very affordable price that flagships from other companies fail to match up. OnePlus has set up an extensive network of 25 service centres and have teams across the country for after-sales service. Indian users who have already managed to purchase global one are covered by Indian warranty.
The OnePlus One runs on Cyanogen 11S (CM 11S) based on Android 4.4 KitKat but no further updates will be available automatically for CM OS. That’s because Cyanogen has signed an exclusive partnership with Micromax, so CM will no more support OnePlus One in India. To curb this issue, OnePlus has announced an upcoming OnePlus custom OS based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The OnePlus One units sold in India carries Cyanogen branding on the back. The smartphone will have a 10-day return policy on Amazon India. Meanwhile, OnePlus One official accessories are available on Amazon India starting today that so far includes: Flip Covers, Clear Protective case, Silver Bullet Earphones, Tempered Glass Screen Protector, and JBL E1+ Earphones.
OnePlus One Specifications –
- 5.5-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) at 401 PPI
- 2.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Cyanogen 11S OS based on Android 4.4 KitKat
- 3 GB LP-DDR3 RAM
- 64 GB Internal storage
- 13 MP Camera with Sony Exmor IMX 214 sensor, dual-LED flash, and f/2.0 aperture
- Supports 4K video recording and Slow Motion 720p video at 120fps
- 5 MP Front-facing camera
- Features: Bottom Facing Dual Speakers and Tri-microphone with noise cancellation
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Connectivity: 3G, 4G LTE, Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- Capacitive / On-screen buttons (Optional)
- Single SIM (Micro-SIM)
- Non-removable 3100mAh battery
- Dimensions: 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- Colour: Sandstone Black
The OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black is now available on Amazon.in but an invite is required to purchase it. To buy it, you will need to have an India-specific invite which you might get by subscribing and participating in the contests hosted by Amazon.in and OnePlus forum or you can ask someone who has bought an OnePlus phone. Good luck!
UPDATE – In an official blog post, Cyanogen has clarified that “the OnePlus One will get OTA firmware updates for all global devices, including global devices for our users in India.” This means that Cyanogen will continue to support OnePlus One smartphones sold in India. 🙂