Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, or be it any social media platform, the video content is flourishing. Active social media life is no longer a choice but a necessity to keep up with everything happening around the world. Videos are a vital part of most social media influencers as they are not only capable of helping them pay their bills but also make them popular.
MP4 and MOV are the most commonly used video file formats across the globe. Be it your iPhone or your GoPro, they all make use of the same video file formats. At times these video files can get damaged or corrupted due to many reasons.
In this article, we are going to show you how to repair corrupt or damaged video files by yourself with simple free methods. In case you have a severely damaged video file, we are going to make use of simple yet powerful video repair software called Remo Repair Video.
Why Do Videos Get Corrupted or Damaged?
Video files can get corrupted or become unplayable due to a wide variety of reasons. We have mentioned some of the most common reasons behind video files getting corrupted or damaged below:
- A virus or malware attack can corrupt your video files, thus making them unplayable
- Missing audio or video codecs leading to video corruption
- MOV or MP4 header file corruption is one of the most common video corruption issues
- Audio-video sync issues in video making it impossible to play the video
- Any interruption in the transfer process can also lead to video corruption
The above-mentioned are some of the most common reasons behind a video file getting corrupted. Now let us see how you can make use of professional video repair software to repair severely corrupted video files.
Video Repair Tool to Repair Severely Corrupt Video Files
As we discussed earlier, video file corruption is no longer a small issue, it requires expert attention. Remo Video Repair Tool is an expert-recommended tool to repair corrupt or damaged video of any severity. Built with an advanced repair algorithm, the tool works in a safe read-only mode to easily repair corrupt video files of file types like MOV, MP4, AVI, DIVX, and many more.
With a free preview, you can verify the repaired video files before you buy the tool. You can download the software and try it for free.
How to Repair Severely Corrupt Video Files Using Remo Repair Video
Download and install Remo Video Repair Software on your computer. Then follow the steps below to repair a corrupt or damaged video file.
- Launch Remo Video Repair Software, click on Select file and choose the corrupted video file that needs to be repaired.
- If you are repairing MOV or MP4 file then click on Choose Reference MOV file. Then select a playable video file for reference to repair corrupted video files and click on Repair.
- If you are trying to repair AVI, DIVX, XVID, or any other file format, just select the file you want to repair and click on the Repair button.
- You can select Preview to verify the repaired video file before saving it.
- If you are satisfied with the output, you can go ahead and save the video file by activating the software.
Use VLC Media Player to Repair Video Files with Small Issue
Repair AVI Videos with an inbuilt fix feature
The VLC media player is one of the most commonly used media players and you can use it to fix AVI video files. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to repair AVI video files:
- Launch the VLC player and click on Tools.
- Click on Preferences and go to Input Codecs.
- Now under damaged or incomplete AVI file, click on Ask for Action drop-down list.
- Now click on Always fix.
- After clicking on always fix, click on Save. Try playing the corrupt video file and see if it plays or not.
Convert Unplayable Video Files using VLC Player
To convert unplayable video files using a VLC player follow the below steps:
- Open the VLC player and go to Media.
- Now click on Convert or Save.
- Click on Add and insert the corrupt video file.
- Click on Convert or Save, choose the destination file location and provide an input codec from the list and click on Start.
Now play the video files in the VLC player and see if you are able to play the repaired damaged or corrupt video files.
In case you were not able to repair video files using VLC Media Player then it is always recommended to make use of Remo Video Repair Software.
Tips to ensure you won’t lose video files in future
- Always maintain a backup of video files before editing or working on the original video file
- Make use of anti-virus software or Windows Defender to protect your video files from any external threats
- Make use of well-known professional tools to edit or convert your video files
All the above-mentioned methods in the article are designed to help you repair corrupt or unplayable video files easily. In case the free methods were not useful to fix the video files, Remo Video Repair Software should be able to help you repair the video files. Do let us know if you liked the article and share the word.
Molly Owen, popularly known as Molly works with Remo Software as Lead Technical Specialist. Her keen interest in photography and videography has garnered her a big name in the field of media file forensics. Do check her out on social media to catch the latest trends in photo and video capture technologies. Let her know if you liked this article.
Leave a Reply