WhatsApp is the best and most widely used platform to chat with family, friends, and customers. Almost everyone who uses WhatsApp has important messages in their chat history that they never intend to lose. However, data calamity can occur at any time due to accidental deletion, system crash, virus attack, and similar other issues.
If you have recently found that your WhatsApp messages are somehow deleted, and you also don’t have a backup in place, then don’t panic. There is still a strong chance for you to restore deleted WhatsApp messages, and this article is all about it.
Here we will discuss in detail how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup, especially considering the click-based solution offered by UltData WhatsApp Recovery tool. So, let’s jump right to it!
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup on iPhone
UltData WhatsApp Recovery is a one-stop, powerful tool to restore deleted WhatsApp messages directly from the iPhone device storage without backup. It conducts a deep scan of the iPhone storage to scan and fetch 7 WhatsApp data types, including messages, photos, videos, etc. Some of the key features of UltData WhatsApp Recovery are as follows:
- It can recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone from different data loss scenarios, such as accidental deletion, iOS update bug, factory reset, system breakdown, virus attack, jailbreak, broken screen, etc.
- It is compatible with most of the old and latest models of iPhone, including iOS 16 devices.
- Can recover multiple WhatsApp data types in minutes, including messages, photos, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- Features a user-friendly click-based interface.
- Offers a preview of all recoverable WhatsApp chats and then allows selective recovery.
- Lets you extract WhatsApp backup from iTunes backup.
Overall, the reliability and top-notch performance of UltData WhatsApp Recovery make it offer the highest data recovery success rate in the industry.
Follow the below steps to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone without backup using Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery:
- Download and launch the UltData WhatsApp Recovery tool on your computer and select “Device” mode from the main home screen.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and wait till it is automatically recognized by the tool. Otherwise, follow the on-screen instructions to make the tool detect your iPhone.
- Select the WhatsApp data types to recover and then click “Scan“. Wait till the tool completes the scanning.
- Preview the recoverable data and select the ones you want to restore. Once done, click “Recover“.
That’s it! So, a few simple steps can let you get deleted WhatsApp messages back without backup on an iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android without Backup
If you are looking to restore deleted WhatsApp chat on Android, then UltData for Android is your answer. It is a data recovery tool that can help you retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android without any backup or root. Through comprehensive deep scanning, it looks for existing and deleted WhatsApp messages on local or SD Card storage, including photos, videos, and other data types. Moreover, it can recover data from WhatsApp Business and even extract WhatsApp data from Google Drive.
UltData for Android supports 6000+ Android devices, making it an all-in-one Android data recovery tool. Follow the below steps to restore WhatsApp messages without backup using UltData for Android:
- Download and launch UltData for Android on your PC and select “Recover WhatsApp Data” from the main interface.
- Connect your Android device to the PC and enable USB debugging by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the tool detects the device, click “Start“. Make sure you are logged in to your WhatsApp account on your device. Also, make a backup of WhatsApp by following the on-screen instructions. Once done, click “Backup up! Continue”.
- The tool will begin scanning the device storage. The device might restart, so follow the prompts and click “Back up my data” when it shows.
- After scanning is completed, preview and select the WhatsApp data you want to restore. Once done, click “Recover”.
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup for Free
For Android devices, WhatsApp makes a local backup every day at 2:00 AM. The files are saved in the WhatsApp > Database folder inside the Android local/SD Card storage. So, you can use that file to restore deleted messages. However, the phone only stores the last 7 days of local backup files. Moreover, you have to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to restore the backup, and there is no option to recover selective messages from the backup.
If you are willing to proceed with this method, then follow the below steps to restore deleted WhatsApp messages for free from an Android device:
Step 1 – Open the File Explorer app and go to WhatsApp > Database.
Step 2 – Rename the backup file you intend to restore from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt15” to “msgstore.db.crypt15”.
Note: The crypt extension might vary, so keep the crypt extension number as it is.
Step 3 – Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. Sign in using the same phone number. Once it asks to restore backup, click “Restore”.
WhatsApp will restore all the backed-up chats. This way, you can restore WhatsApp messages for free and look for the deleted messages once all chats are restored completely.
Q1. How to recover 1-year-old WhatsApp messages without backup?
You can recover year-old WhatsApp messages with the help of the UltData WhatsApp Recovery tool. Simply connect the phone to the PC, launch the tool, complete the scan, preview data, and recover the desired files.
Q2. I reinstalled the WhatsApp app, but none of my messages appeared. What’s happening?
When you reinstall WhatsApp, you get the option to restore the backup if there is a prior backup made locally or in the cloud. If you didn’t see a backup restore option or accidentally skipped it, then that is most likely the reason why none of the messages appeared. However, you can easily restore messages back using the UltData WhatsApp Recovery tool and following the above steps.
In this article, we discussed the detailed steps to get back your deleted WhatsApp messages without backup. When there is no backup to restore, you have to rely on a third-party tool to extract the data from your phone’s local storage.
Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery serves the job perfectly here. Its user-friendly interface, powerful deep scanning, and preview-based selective recovery all make it an ideal tool to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. So, download and try the UltData WhatsApp Recovery tool to retrieve your deleted WhatsApp chat right away.