Google and Samsung are all set to unveil the new Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich at the media event in Hong Kong at 10AM (HKT). The event will be live streamed at youtube.com/android and folks over at Gizmodo have already got their hands on the official specs of the new Google/Samsung GALAXY NEXUS prior to the event.
Galaxy Nexus Specifications:
- Network: HSPA+ 21 850/900/1900/1700/2100; EDGE/GPRS (LTE will be available depending on region)
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Display: 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED
- OS: Android Ice Cream sandwich
- Cameras: Rear cam: 5-megapixel, Front cam: 1.3-megapixel for video call
- Video: Playback and recording at 1080p (30fps, MPEG-4/h.263/h.264)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, compass, gyro, light, proximity, barometer
- Memory: 1GB ram + 16/32GB storage
- Battery: 1750MAh standard battery
- Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94; 135g
So that official device specs are confirmed now, what’s your take? The device seems ultra powerful, let’s see how it actually looks. Keep following us for more updates.
Update: Galaxy Nexus Real Photos are out too, check them here.
Official Intro Video of Galaxy Nexus –
Check the press release here.
Starting in November, Galaxy Nexus will be available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. Check out google.com/nexus for a product tour and more info.
Reference: Unwrapping Ice Cream Sandwich on the Galaxy Nexus [Google Mobile Blog]