Skyfire, maker of the award-winning browser for mobile devices, announced the launch of Skyfire 3.0 with Facebook Connect for Android 2.0 and higher devices. The world’s smartest mobile browser is now the world’s most social browser.
Skyfire for Android is one of the most popular third-party apps on the platform with almost two million users. Earlier versions of Skyfire launched the SkyBarTM, a cloud-powered toolbar that allows users to watch video, view related content, and easily share content with friends. With Skyfire 3.0, the browser takes social integration to the next level, by integrating Facebook directly into the SkyBar.
New Features in Skyfire 3.0 for Android:
- Vibrant Video – Watch Flash videos that are mobile optimized for your device and network. Enjoy smooth video playback that saves you lots of bandwidth and money.
- Popular Content – Our favorite new feature; instantly see what content on any given site is most popular with your friends and within the Facebook community. Recommendations from friends are prioritized and show up at the top of the list.
- Fireplace Feed Reader – A simple but addictive tool that provides a filtered list of your Facebook feed that only includes links to web pages, images, and videos posted by your Facebook friends.
- Facebook Portal Integration – With a single touch you have access to your Facebook feed, profile and fast-growing location service Places. No need to switch between apps.
- Facebook Like Button – Skyfire 3.0 puts the Facebook Like Button on EVERY PAGE of the Internet. No scrolling around searching for the button on the page, simply click on the SkyBarTM Like Button to easily “like” or “unlike” the page you are viewing.
- Skyfire OneTouch Search– Enter a single search term and choose between Google, Facebook, VideoSurf, News, Twitter, or Amazon with a single touch without having to navigate to separate sites.
Skyfire 3.0 runs on Android 2.0-2.2 devices. Search for “Skyfire” to download it from the Android Marketplace or use the QR code given below!