Skype for iPad now available [Download]
Skype, the most popular service that allows free voice calling and video chat over the Internet has finally released its official app for Apple iPad running iOS 4.0 or later. The app is built especially for the iPad that works over both Wi-Fi and 3G connections. Now you can call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype directly from your iPad.
Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips.
Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates.
Simple to use:
- Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
- If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
- We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
- Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
- Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
- Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
Access free Skype features:
- Talk face-to-face or show what you’re seeing with front and back-facing cameras.
- Use Skype for iPad to call anyone else on Skype – and enjoy near CD quality (SILK) sound.
- Instant message and add emoticons to personalize your messages.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
- Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPhone 4, iPad 2nd Generation, and iPod touch 4th Generation.
- Send and receive video using rear camera on iPhone 3GS.
- Receive video only on iPad 1st Generation and iPod touch 3rd Generation.
- Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
Download Skype App for iPad [iTunes link]