SONY has unveiled its latest flagship ‘XPERIA Z2’ at MWC 2014, the successor to Xperia Z1. The Z2 is much identical to its predecessor in terms of looks but has pretty much to offer over Z1. Sony’s new premium flagship smartphone ‘Z2’ comes with a 5.2” Full HD Triluminos display with Live Colour LED, is powered by a 2.3GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 4G LTE, 3GB RAM, high capacity 3200 mAh battery and runs on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). Similar to Z1, the Z2 features a 20.7 megapixel camera with 1/2.3” sensor but offers the ability to capture videos in 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution @30fps and an improved 2.2MP front facing camera.
Xperia Z2 also offers amazing sound quality with stereo speaker output and Sony’s digital noise cancelling technology. Like Z1, Z2 is dust proof and water resistant by IP58 certification. The Z2 is carefully crafted and encased in an one-piece aluminium frame with glass panels. This beautiful device is slightly thinner and lighter than Z1, just 8.2mm thick and weighs 163g.
In addition to Info-eye, Social live and Timeshift burst, Xperia Z2 comes pre-loaded with new Xperia camera apps for both photo and video. These include: Timeshift video, Creative effect, Background defocus, AR effect, Vine and Sweep Panorama.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications –
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels at 424ppi) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 2.3 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Rear Camera with Exmos RS sensor, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable upto 64GB via microSD card
- Connectivity – LTE /3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.0 LE with A2DP, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- FM radio with RDS
- 3200 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
- Dimensions: 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm
- Colors – Black, White, Purple
Sony Xperia Z2 Promo Videos –
Availability – The Xperia Z2 will launch globally from March 2014. Alongside, Sony has also announced “Xperia Z2” Tablet and “Xperia M2” phone at MWC.