Google Chromecast is a HDMI streaming device and digital media player which is very popular. But there are other smart players in the market too who are trying to make a mark taking on Google by doing some innovative developments. One such company is MangoMan consumer electronics from India’s silicon city Bengaluru. Last year we saw the release of their first HDMI media streaming device in the form of Teewe (pronounced TV – simple ain’t it?) and they are following that up with a successor “Teewe 2” which was launched yesterday. Teewe 2.0 is priced at Rs. 2,399 and will be exclusively available on Amazon.in from May 25th. Let’s look at the specs which are an improvement over the predecessor:
- Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1.6GHz
- Quad-core GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support
- All HDMI ports supported
- 4GB Internal storage
Some of the key features are as follows:
- The device is 30% smaller in size compared to the Teewe 1, enabling it to get adjusted in the trickiest of spots
- Premium Wi-Fi chip with an internal antenna for seamless uninterrupted streaming
- Detachable Power Adapter and Cable for additional flexibility and easy set up
- Quad core GPU for smooth streaming with enhanced performance
MangoMan has also partnered with couple of companies to boost their sales with some exclusive offers as below:
- ErosNow premium subscription that will include its extensive catalogue of Indian entertainment that can now be viewed on television with Teewe 2
- Airtel Broadband customers ordering Teewe devices will be provided 20 GB per month of free data for 3 consecutive months, a combined data package of 60 GB.
- Customers pre-ordering Teewe 2 now, get an extended year’s warranty on the device along with the data services.
Teewe 2 is up for pre-order now on www.teewe.in. It comes with 1 year full replacement guarantee and lifetime support.