Hi, I have got a new iPhone and already set it up. I want to transfer data from my old Android phone to my new iPhone but don’t want to reset it again. So, can you tell me how can I transfer data from Android to iOS without resetting?
Although Move to iOS is Apple’s recommended solution for transferring data from Android to iPhone or iPad. However, most people don’t prefer using it due to certain limitations.
In this article, we will discuss how you can transfer data from Android to iPhone without Move to iOS.
Why Move to iOS isn’t the best solution?
The main limitation of Move to iOS is that you can’t use it after you’ve set up your iPhone.
Move to iOS only works when your iPhone is still in the setup process. After you’ve completed it, you can’t use it. To use Move to iOS again, you have to reset your iPhone and start from scratch. However, that’s not what most people want to do, since resetting and setting up a phone again is a big hassle.
The second reason is that Move to iOS often gets stuck and fails due to unknown errors. Moreover, the transfer speed is slow, requiring several hours of waiting in front of your phone until the transfer is complete.
Hence, people look for alternatives to Move to iOS that they can use to transfer data even after the setup process is complete.
Now, let’s see how you can transfer from Android to iPhone without Move to iOS.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone Without Move to iOS
Using Tenorshare iCareFone iTransGo
An easy and effective solution is to use a reliable data transfer tool such as Tenorshare iCareFone iTransGo. With iTransGo, you can pick and choose the data you want to move to your new iPhone. You can select contacts, photos, videos, calendars, messages, and more.
The best thing about iTransGo is that you don’t need to be on your iPhone setup screen to use it. That means you don’t have to reset your iPhone either!
iTransGo guarantees an impressive 99.9% success rate for transfers. Additionally, its transfer speed of 15MB/s surpasses that of the Move to iOS app, ensuring a swift and seamless transfer process.
Perhaps, users looking to move data from Android to iPhone without Move to iOS and by using iTransGo can follow the steps below.
- Download and install iCareFone iTransGo on your computer.
- Open iTransGo and click the ‘Start‘ button in the “Android to iOS” box.
- Connect both devices, i.e. Android and iPhone to your computer using USB cables.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone by following the on-screen instructions. Similarly, unlock your iPhone and tap “Trust” when the ‘Trust this Computer?’ prompt appears. Next, enter your passcode to confirm.
- When both devices are connected and recognized by the program, click ‘Start‘ to proceed.
- Select the types of data you want to transfer and click the “Start Scan” button. NOTE: Make sure to enable the permissions on your Android device, required to scan and transfer data.
- Select the data you want to transfer to your iPhone and click on ‘Transfer Data‘.
- The selected data will begin to transfer. DO NOT disconnect the devices and wait for the process to complete.
- That’s it. When the transfer is successful, you can check the migrated data on your iPhone.
iTransGo supports the latest iOS 16 and Android 13 and is also backward compatible with their previous versions.
Plans & Pricing: Available for both Windows and Mac, iCareFone iTransGo is a paid application. Its 1-year license for Windows costs $39.95 whereas a 1-month license comes at $19.95. You can also opt for a lifetime license with free lifetime upgrades for $49.95. Interested buyers can currently avail of a 20% discount using the coupon code “ATOI20”!
Another method you can use to transfer data is through Snapdrop.
Snapdrop is a handy utility that you can use on your smartphones and computers. You don’t need to install it; just open it in your browser and start sending files.
Note that you can’t transfer messages or calendars with this tool. You can only send files, videos, images, and audio. Moreover, both of your devices should be on the same WiFi network for this to work.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Open snapdrop.net on both devices’ browsers.
- After a while, you will be able to see the other device on both screens.
- On your Android phone, tap the iPhone’s device name.
- Select the files you want to transfer.
- Wait for the transfer to complete.
Remember that this process may take a while depending on your WiFi speed and interface.
Using File-Sharing Apps
Lastly, you can use a wireless data transfer app to move your data across devices. There are tons of such apps available, but the one we’re going to use in this example is Zapya.
No matter which tool you choose, make sure to install it on both devices. If you install different tools on both phones, this won’t work. To share files using Zapya,
- Download Zapya from Google Play (Android) or App Store (iPhone) on both devices.
- Open the app on both phones.
- Select to receive data on the iPhone and send data on Android.
- Choose what files you want to transfer. A code will appear on your Android phone.
- Then use your iPhone to scan the QR code to join.
- Start transferring and wait for the process to complete.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we outlined the steps to transfer data from Android to iPhone without resetting your device or using Move to iOS. If you have a computer, using Tenorshare iTransGo is a straightforward option. If you don’t have a computer, consider using Zapya or some other wireless data transfer app.