After setting up my iPad passcode, I have forgotten it and don’t know how can I unlock my iPad. Can you help me out?
Forgetting the iPad passcode is common, and many people unintentionally face this scenario daily. This usually happens with users who rarely use their iPad and hence cannot recall the passcode. It is indeed frustrating to put yourself in this situation, and no one would want to face this issue.
Luckily, you can get yourself out of this situation as we will tell you how to unlock the iPad without a passcode.
Methods to Unlock iPad without Passcode
Below are three different ways that you can use to unlock your iPad if you forgot the password or the iPad is disabled.
Using iOS Unlocker Tool – TunesKit iPhone Unlocker
As many tools are now available in the market, most people prefer using a tool that can unlock the iPad in the first go. However, most of them fail to address the issue and create more chaos for your device.
Thankfully, you won’t find such an issue with TunesKit iPhone Unlocker. It is a handy and easy-to-use tool that enables you to unlock any iOS device without a passcode. Above that, you don’t need to go through a complicated process to put things in order. Instead, you can simply factory reset and unlock your iPad in a few clicks.
Using this tool, you can regain access to the iPad if your screen is broken or unresponsive, the Touch ID or Face ID isn’t working.
- Compatible with all iOS devices.
- Helps you unlock your iPhone or iPad without a passcode.
- Enables you to restore iOS devices to factory settings without Apple ID.
- Features a straightforward user interface.
- The free trial version offers only a limited set of features.
Steps to Unlock iPad without Passcode with TunesKit iPhone Unlocker
- Download, install and launch TunesKit iPhone Unlocker on your PC or Mac.
- Connect the iPad to your computer using a USB cable.
- In iPhone Unlocker, click on the ‘Start‘ button.
- Put the iPad into DFU mode by following the instructions mentioned in the program interface. Make sure to go to the ‘Other iDevices’ dropdown menu, choose iPad, and select your applicable iPad model first.
- Once the iPad enters DFU or Recovery mode, the Next button (forward arrow icon) will turn blue. Click on Next to proceed.
- On the next screen, confirm your device model and iOS version. Then hit the Download button to download the latest iOS firmware package for your iPad.
- After the firmware is downloaded, click the ‘Unlock‘ button to start the unlocking process. DO NOT disconnect the device during the whole process.
That’s it. Once the iPad is unlocked, you can restore the data from a previous iTunes or iCloud backup.
Another way to unlock an iPad without a password is to restore it via iTunes. Although this causes data loss on your iPad, it can help you unlock it.
Here’s how you can unlock the iPad passcode through iTunes.
- Connect the iPad to your PC using a Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes on your PC (Windows 8 or later) or Mac.
- Turn off the iPad and put it in recovery mode [Refer to the steps here].
- Select the iPad in the iTunes interface or locate the device in Finder on a Mac.
- Click the ‘Restore’ or ‘Restore iPad‘ option to restore the iPad through iTunes or Finder.
Once the restoration process gets completed, you will be able to set up and access your iPad.
Using Find My iPhone or iPad
You can also use the “Find My” feature in case you forgot the iPad passcode and are looking to factory reset the iPad without a passcode. However, there are a few conditions before you can perform this operation.
- Your locked iPad must be connected to the internet through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- The Find My option must be enabled on your locked iPad.
- You must know the email address and password of the iCloud account linked to your locked iPad.
Now follow the steps below to remotely erase and unlock an iPad using iCloud.
- Visit icloud.com/find on any device such as a PC, Mac, or iPhone.
- Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and password as on the locked iPad.
- Go to the All Devices drop-down menu and select your iPad.
- Click the “Erase iPad” option and select ‘Erase’ to confirm your choice.
- Enter your Apple ID password again to continue with the deletion.
- Once the device is erased, you can set up and add a new password for your iPad.
You can try one of the above-listed methods to unlock your iPad without a passcode. For instance, you can restore your iPad via iCloud and iTunes to access your iPad’s interface. Meanwhile, TunesKit iPhone Unlocker offers a quick and efficient solution to unlock iOS devices with minimal effort.