Due to the festive offer, BSNL is offering Free CLI based Dial-up Internet access for two months w.e.f. 1st September 2008 to 31st October 2008 for PSTN customers of BSNL. Users can use this service from their landline phones of Bsnl.
So How to get free BSNL Dialup internet?
If you have a BSNL telephone connection, connect a phone cable into your PC.
To make a dial-up connection by using a phone line
- Open Network Connections.
- Double-click New Connection Wizard, and then click Next.
- In Network Connection Type, do one of the following:
- Click Connect to the Internet. In Internet Connection, click Connect using a dial-up modem, and then click Next.
- Click Connect to the network at my workplace. In Network Connection, click Dial-up connection, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions in the New Connection wizard.
- Once the setup is complete, when you open up your dialup connection, it will ask you to enter user name and password. So here is the trick –>
Against “User name” or “User identification,” enter your telephone number preceded by the STD code minus the zero (for example, if you live in Ahmedabad and your phone number is 23456789, your User ID is 7923456789). For “password,” enter your telephone number (example 23456789). You are all set to browse the Internet through the all-India dial-up number 172222
Check out more @ BSNL or call Toll Free No. 1800 424 1600
Source: The Hindu