YU Televentures has tasted a very good success with their first-ever launch in the form of Yureka and why not, wicked awesome specs (hardware) with an elusive Cyanogen OS (software) thrown in at 8,999 INR cannot go wrong. Leveraging on the fan following and success YU has today officially launched the Yuphoria at a steal deal price of 6,999 INR, after posting some intriguing teasers in the last week. A fitness band in the form of Yu Fit, a fitness band with an OLED display was also launched. Sleep tracking, step tracking, Incoming calls, messages, time, calories burnt are the key features and are priced at 999 INR and a holistic fitness tracker Healthy YU for 4999 INR (Will go on sale next month). Let us look at the specs before we can talk about what the phone is all about and how it compares with the other suspects:
YU Yuphoria Specifications –
- Display: 5″ 1280*720 pixels (294 PPI) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, 64-bit, Quad-Core clocking at 1.2 GHz, Adreno 306 GPU
- Internal Memory: 16GB + expandable up to 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Camera: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture, HDR, 1080p Full HD recording with 60/120 fps slow-motion option and LED flash, Front: 5MP
- OS: Cyanogen OS 12 built off Android Lollipop with App Themer
- Connectivity: Dual Sim, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 2230mAh battery with Quick Charging 1.0 technology capable of taking the phone from 0-65% in 45 minutes
- Form Factor: 8.25mm thick and weighs 143 grams
- Others: Pure Wolfson Chipset Sound,
- Colors: Black + Silver & White + Champagne Gold
- Price: Rs. 6,999
Wow! that is one heck of a spec sheet for a price of 6,999INR which will now give tough competition to the Lenovo A6000 Plus and tougher competition to the Xiaomi Redmi 2. With a solid metallic build that comes off multiple processes, it can sustain some real nasty falls like the way we have seen in the teases, though the cracking of the tile was a pure exaggeration. It also boasts of a single-handed use in ease thanks to the 3-element key. Yuphoria supports the slow-motion recording that is absent in Redmi 2 and the front shooter as well (5MP vs 2MP). Coming up with solid build quality and enhanced support on the audio front, Yuphoria looks like THE choice to go for amongst its competitors at least on paper. We will have to wait until we get our hands on the device to test the camera to actually compare it with the awesome camera on the Redmi 2.
So go ahead and register yourselves on Amazon.in from 5 PM onwards today for the flash sale on the 28th of May.