Yu Televentures, a subsidiary of Micromax has introduced a new handset “Yunique 2” to its budget lineup after teasing its launch across social networks for a while. The Yunique 2 is the successor to Yu Yunique, that was launched way back in September 2015 at Rs. 4,999. A lot has changed in the last two years and hence the 2.0 version of Yunique comes with several improvements and upgraded specs as compared to its predecessor. The key differences between the two include a bigger display, doubled up RAM and storage, upgraded cameras and a large battery.
The main USP of Yunique 2 is the integration of Truecaller as default dialer that offers caller ID and spam detection features, for dialing and messaging. As per Yu, the phone features a metal back with a ripped design that looks premium and offers a good grip. The phone runs on Android Nougat out of the box, supports 4G VoLTE and the display has Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Rest of the specifications are listed below:
Yu Yunique 2 Specifications –
- 5-inch HD IPS display (1280 x 720 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.3 GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor with Mali T720-MP1 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage, expandable up to 64GB via a dedicated microSD card
- 13MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP front camera
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 3G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, FM Radio
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Light sensor, and Accelerometer
- 2500mAh Battery
- Dimensions: 145×72.7×9.2mm | Weight: 159g
- Others: Truecaller integration, Notification light
Launched at a price of Rs. 5,999, the Yu Yunique 2 will be available exclusively on Flipkart and sale begins on 27th July, 12 noon. Comes in 2 colours – Champagne and Coal Black.