MP4 is currently the most popular video format with several advantages over AVI format. As compared to AVI, MP4 videos have better compatibility with media players and are perfect for playing on devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox and even TVs. MP4, usually compressed with MPEG-4/ H.264 video codec and AAC/ AC3 audio is best supported for online streaming and sharing on platforms like YouTube. Unlike AVI, the highly compressed MP4 files offer a better quality in the same file size without losing the quality.
The best use case of MP4 is when you want to convert a DVD to a smaller size media file to play it directly on a laptop, smartphone or TV without any hassle. Perhaps, if you have a collection of videos that aren’t natively supported by your device or player, then it’s best to convert them to a more appropriate format like MP4. “Movavi Video Converter” available for Windows and Mac is one such program that offers an efficient and quick way to convert video between various formats. Let’s see what all features this program packs and how it aids the conversion.
Movavi Video Converter Features
- Multiple Editing options such as –
- Add subtitles to the video
- Stabilization to reduce shakiness, if any
- Adjust the audio such as volume levels and reduce background noise
- Ability to adjust the colours including the brightness, contrast, and saturation
- Add a customized watermark (image or text)
- Crop the frame and set custom dimensions
- Rotate or flip the video
- Trim the video, cut and remove a specific portion
- Convert sample to check the quality of output file beforehand
- Batch conversion support
- Various input and output video/audio formats supported including AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, MPG, MKV, M4V, MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC and more.
- Advanced output format settings
- Pre-defined file format preset such as 2K, 4K Ultra HD, 1080p, scale up to Full HD 1080p/ HD 720p
- Choose action when processing is finished, i.e. sleep or shut down
- Multiple languages supported
In this guide, we’ll be sharing the steps to convert AVI to MP4 using Movavi video converter. Follow them below:
- Download and install the application on your PC or Mac.
- Open the program, go to Add Media > Add Video and choose the AVI video. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file(s) directly with ease.
- Click on the Edit option or Tools button to edit the video before conversion. (Optional)
- Choose the output format. To do so, click on the Video tab, select MP4 and choose from one of the various MP4 presets.
- To compress large AVI files into a file size of your choice, set the preferred output size (Optional). Simply click on the file size in the info section and adjust the file size. This will modify the video bitrate and hence its quality.
- Choose the output folder to save the converted files by clicking the folder icon (Optional).
- Finally, click Convert to convert the AVI file in the chosen format. The process will begin and conversion time may vary depending on the file size and number of files.
That’s it! You can now enjoy the converted file on your favourite media player or portable device.
Note: This is a paid application and its lifetime license costs $49.95. However, its premium version costs Rs. 1590 and Rs. 1390 for Mac and Windows respectively in India. The program comes with a 7-day trial version that you can try before buying a license. It should also be noted that Movavi video converter does not allow users to convert copy-protected media files and DVDs.