[Editor Note: This post is written by Pratyush. He likes to discover the web and share ideas. He also has a Tumblog with some nice shares at Fully-Faltoo.com.]
I love to see the HQ images on my desktop. However, there are still some sites that don’t provide the HQ Wallpapers for widescreens, sticking to the orthodox 1024 X 768 resolution. So the journey began by resizing them using some smart tools to get smart results.
Here I share some ways to zoom the images without letting them get pixilated.
1) Download Liquid Resize: Liquid resize is a software to “re-target [image size] without losing quality”.
2) Get some cool wallpapers or images: So while the download completes (not large in size though), get some good wallpapers. We began with the ones at IndiaFM which has a good low-quality gallery.
Here is the one we took up:
3) Open the image with Liquid Resize: So hopefully the download has completed and we have a nice wallpaper (though low in resolution) to begin with.
4) Put in the attributes (target size): On the left sidebar there is the option for “Absolute Change”. Put in the figures for “Width” and “Height” (preferably your screen resolution). Unmark “Maintain Aspect Ratio” if needed.
Enable Mask: Under Protect/Delete mark enable and select “Protect Area”. Also, set the appropriate brush size to paint the picture as required (in the next step).
We put in 1440 X 900 | 100 Brush Size
5) Paint/Mask the main object: Now comes the most important part. Paint the main object in the picture to protect it from disproportionate resizing.
6) Hit “Retarget”: Yeah, this is the final step to the mission. Click the “Retarget” button under the “Absolute Change”. It will take some time to process and soon you will have a good HD Wallpaper.
So it was a simple and “no-techno” trick without requiring expertise in Photoshop. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes and also less than 5 Mouse Clicks.
Hope you enjoyed this short tutorial trick, do share your results.
Also, look at the HD Wallpapers section for more posts related to HD Wallpapers and Images.
It’s a good tool to be used for any web design, graphic design etc. I have been looking high and low for this type of application without the hassle and knowledge in Photoshop. Cheers!
beaulifes last blog post..Recycle A Mobile Phone, and Plant A Tree
This tutorial is very useful for wallpaper sites owners
this tools didn’t even make my photos HD !!!! when i protect them and press retarget .. it still stretch my picture and ruin the whole background !!!! worst !!!!
This totally sucks .. fake fucking tool all it did was stretched the photos … :/
The first step to turning a picture into a wallpaper image is to determine the screen resolution that your monitor is running. This way, you can easily make the picture fit the screen properly.