If you’re experiencing strange issues in any version of Firefox, doing a complete uninstall and cleanout as covered below is also recommended to resolve this.
Here are the steps to be followed to remove Firefox completely:
- Backup your bookmarks. In Firefox 2 go to the Bookmarks menu, select ‘Organize Bookmarks’, then select File>Export. In Firefox 3, select ‘Organize Bookmarks’, then ‘Import and Backup’>Export HTML.
- Then Remove Firefox from Add/Remove Programs(Windows XP) or Programs & Features(Windows Vista). During uninstallation, tick the ‘Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations’ box.
- Delete the folder \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (This is the place where Firefox is installed, and on most of the PC’s it is installed in the path C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox)
- Delete the following directories if they exist:
- In Windows XP –
- \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla
- \Documents and Settings\[Username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
- In Windows Vista –
- Note: This will delete all of your bookmarks and saved settings, so make sure you’ve backed up them. Also note down any passwords which you might otherwise forget.
- 5. The final step is to remove all registry entries of Firefox. Using the Windows Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit), delete the following keys – ie. right click on their name in the left pane of Registry Editor and select Delete:
it worked for me
4 me too. Thanks for the info, it’s very useful.
how to delete mozila firefox permanently and download google chrome latest
thanz 4 info
thaks. keep posting bro
I want delecte completeliy mozillafiox from my comoputer
Worked like a charm, however, the HKey listed above wasn\’t anywhere to be found and i can only assume it was deleted during the removal of firefox from the add/delete software tab
Ever since I installed Windows 10 firefox has been shutting down, stalling and crashing and I don;t know why. What can I do and does it have something to do with Windows 10?