Export Chrome Data/Settings from Windows to Ubuntu
Follow the tutorial below to do this task easily:
1. Open Windows and navigate to C:\Users\Mayur\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data (Replace Mayur with you username). Make sure ‘Show hidden files & folders’ option is enabled in Folder options.
2. Copy the ‘Default’ folder and save it somewhere on Pen drive. If you’ve dual booted Windows & Ubuntu, then there is no need to save this folder as you can browse it from within Ubuntu.
3. Log in to Ubuntu.
4. Download and Install Google Chrome first, if you haven’t.
5. Navigate to Places > Home Folder (user) > .config > google-chrome
6. Replace the ‘Default’ folder there with the Windows one, that you found in Step 2. (You can also first delete this folder (in Ubuntu) and then paste the one from Windows).
Open Chrome now and you’ll see all your old browser data and settings intact. Enjoy 😀
Note: Chrome Extensions may not work, you’ll need to uninstall them and then reinstall.