If you’ve installed IE9 and are not satisfied with the Internet Explorer 9 Beta, then you may like to remove it and get back to the previous version of IE8 on Windows 7 or IE7/IE8 on Windows Vista.
To Uninstall/Remove Internet Explorer 9, follow the instructions below:
1. Close all programs except Windows.
2. Click Start button, type ‘Programs and Features’ in the search box, and open it.
3. From the left pane, click View installed updates.
4. In the list of installed updates, right-click “Windows Internet Explorer 9” and select the Uninstall option.
5. When the ‘Uninstall an update’ dialog box appears, click Yes. Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.
6. When the IE9 uninstallation is finished, restart your computer.
After restart, the previous version of IE installed on your system will be restored.
Thanks, works like a charm.
Checked other sites and non compared to this. It worked perfectly. Thanks
Thanks man! You saved me 😀
hey dude u rockzzzzzzz it worked for me too …
cheers buddy ……………..
Thanks – very helpful. Nice to know I’m not the only person who doesn’t like IE9 beta.
ie9 is so slow. waste of space.Tried every way to uninstall ie9 unsucessfully. Ie9 does’nt appear in the downloaded updates. Any other help appreciated.
Internet Explorer 9 is now found under the “Turn Windows features on or off” in Windows 7 because it has officially been released as a Windows “feature.” If you uninstall IE9 (by unchecking the box next to it), it uninstalls and asks you to restart your machine. However, unlike before when it was a beta application, you are left with no version of IE at all rather than reverting to IE8. I’m still trying to find out how to get IE8 back.
Thanks folks. I was pleased to have done it . thanks a bundle !!!! Raymond
This article is bogus. If you buy a new current system it will have IE9 as its default browser so reverting back to a previous setting isnt possible. IE9 sucks as does Win7!