AirPods by Apple are one of the coolest accessories that music lovers can own. Time Magazine has also featured them in their list of best inventions of 2016.
Unlike traditional Bluetooth headphones, Airpods feature built-in microphones and other advanced sensors that enable automatic ear detection. In addition, one can conveniently pair the Airpods with an iPhone by placing them next to the phone.
However, the process is different when connecting Airpods with non-iOS devices such as Android smartphones or Chromebooks. Let’s find out how you can pair Airpods with a Chromebook.
How to pair AirPods to a Chromebook
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of the desktop.
- Turn on the Bluetooth.
- Make sure your Airpods are inside the case and charged.
- While the lid is open, press and hold the setup button located at the back of the Airpods case.
- A white LED will start blinking on the case, notifying that the Airpods are now discoverable.
- Move back to your Chromebook and find the Airpods listed under “Unpaired devices”.
- Click the Airpods in the list and wait for it to connect.
Once they’re paired, you will get a notification that Airpods have been paired and are now available to all users. That’s it! You have successfully connected the Airpods with your Chromebook. Ensure the Chromebook and Airpods are within 10 meters or 33 feet range to get the best connectivity.
Tip: Are you unable to hear any audio on Airpods while they’re connected to Chromebook via Bluetooth? In that case, try switching off the Bluetooth on your iPhone as Airpods might mistake it as the last connected device.
How to unpair Airpods from Chromebook
Follow the steps below in case you wish to disconnect the Airpods from Chromebook.
- Open the Settings menu on your Chromebook and select Bluetooth.
- Click the 3 dots next to the paired device, i.e. Airpods.
- Select Disconnect or Remove device.