Yesterday, we wrote an article explaining how to unlock the bootloader of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, after which you can install a custom recovery such as TWRP, root your phone and do tons of customisations. However, unlocking the bootloader typically voids the warranty of your phone, except in certain OEMs like Xiaomi and OnePlus, therefore it is important to relock the bootloader before you can avail warranty from ASUS.
Note – I unlocked my bootloader using the unofficial method posted on XDA and relocking the bootloader using the below procedure worked for me. But there is no confirmation of this method working for phones whose bootloader was unlocked using the official method.
Relocking your bootloader will ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings. Take a backup of your data before proceeding. WebTrickz is not responsible for anything happening to your phone. The steps we have given have been personally tested by the author of this article and are safe.
Steps to Relock Zenfone Max Pro Bootloader
Make sure to take a backup of entire device data. (SD card will NOT be wiped)
- Download Zenfone_Max_M1_Pro_Relock.zip and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- Power off your phone. Then press Power and Volume Down key together, to boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 to the PC using a USB cable.
- Windows will now automatically detect the device and start installing the fastboot drivers for it. If not, download and install these ASUS drivers.
- Open the directory where you extracted the file from #2.
- In that directory, open a file named relock_bl.cmd
- A Command (CMD) prompt will do the rest of the work for you.
- Let the phone restart.
- It will then erase all the data on your phone (excluding Micro SD card).
- Now the phone won’t show the “bootloader unlocked” warning that was displayed before you relocked the bootloader.
Congratulations, you have successfully relocked the bootloader. Now, you can avail the warranty of your ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 without any issues.